11.23.2008

Visitors From Afar

Earlier this month, Lindsey, my good friend from Mentor, came to visit with her daughter Thalia. Thalia is 2 months older than Asher and they got along swimmingly. Lindsey & her husband have been living in Switzerland for the past 2 1/2 years and are in the process of moving to Dubai. So while their stuff is in transit, they are spending a month in the US visiting family and friends. While we were sorry that Frank couldn't make it to Denver, we were so excited to have Lindsey & Thalia for a long weekend.
We did a ton of stuff in just 3 days as you can see by our pictures. The weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy lots of outdoor time - which probably helped with the jetlag.
The highlight of the visit for me was Girl's Night Out. I really haven't taken a true girl's night out since before I was pregnant! Four of us headed downtown once the kids were in bed for some drinks and great conversation. Lindsey & I didn't get home until 3am! so you can see it was a great Girl's Night Out. Now, the next day we were tired beyond belief, but still managed to have some fun with the kids in the leaves.

Enjoy the Photos!

2 comments:

Kevin and Amy said...

Well, now, see, my emotions are all over the place. Am I jealous? Am I joyful? Am I nostalgic? In short...YES! It looks like a wonderful visit and I am absolutely thrilled for you guys that it worked out! Each and every picture is just priceless...beautiful. Will you share what camera you use with your faithful readers? It goes without saying that your subject matter is outstanding (!), but the camera seems pretty great, too!

Angela, Paul and Asher said...

Hi Amy & Kevin! Paul here. Our main camera is a Canon XTI, which is their most basic DSLR line. When Asher was a few months old, I had a good excuse to upgrade from my older digital point and shoot! It was actually easier deciding on a camera than on lenses and other accessories, since it's often said that the lens is more important than the camera. This is probably way too much info, but just in case, most of the time I use a Tamron 28-75 2.8 zoom or a Canon 70-200 F4L zoom lens, depending on the situation. For even more way too much information, I also use a Canon 430ex flash for a lot of the indoor pictures.

If you're interested, I just started a flickr account and am putting my own pictures in there too. Sometimes the ones Angela thinks are good and the ones I think are good aren't the same ones. Or sometimes I crop or do other changes in photoshop that make them more interesting to me. There's one with Lindsey & Thalia where I uncluttered the background, for instance.

Anyway, we miss you guys!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32574376@N07/